Monday, April 22, 2013

Fake & Bake vs Sunless Tanning Lotion

Hello my friends,

Well for those of you who may not know I love to fake & bake but you would never be able to tell lol.  I am not one to sit and tan all day while reading a book because lets face it as per my blog, I clearly don't read that much lol.  So taking 10 minutes out of my day to cook my skin for a sun-kissed tan sounded like a plan to me. Over the past few years my friends and family have protested and I have ignored. This year I lost my father to cancer and I still ignored the ramifications of tanning.  Until Friday, it hit me, like a ton of bricks, I sit there cooking my skin and it's not really doing anything but ruining my skin and creating possible cancer. With everything that has happened this year and becoming an Auntie for the second time I have to think more about my actions and examples I set for these little ones and others!  So you will be happy to here that Friday was my last fake & bake ever!!  I promise! 

Over the next few weeks you will see updates and posts about my favorite sunless tanners as I embark on this new sunless adventure.  Don't get me wrong, when that sun is shining and it's hot enough, Ill be out there, with my spf 30 on soaking up the vitamin D playing baseball or swimming in the pool!  But for now sunless tanners it is! 
Today I started my new sunless tan crusade with Olay Quench Plus with a touch of sun!  As someone with sensitive skin, I was a little leery because I can develop weird bumps on my skin but day 1: so far so good.  This lotion has made my skin feel very smooth, soft and smell delicious!   The best way to apply this lotion is after showering and exfoliating, carefully put the lotion and make sure you rub it in well to avoid streaking.  This product takes a few applications as it is a gradual darkener.   What I hope from this product is a nice sun-kissed look without looking orange!  Please check back later this week to find out how it's coming along.  If you have any comments on this product or other product suggestions, I'd love your feed back!

Have a great day!
xoxo L

1 comment:

  1. So very happy that you have kicked your unhealthy habit to the curb! I've tried this lotion and I love it. Looking forward to hearing how it works for you.

    Xxoo
    Tairalyn

    ReplyDelete