Saturday, March 30, 2013

Oh So Lindsay Turns 30 Today!

Thank You My Friends!

Well this day has finally come, I am 30.  The dirty thirties, flirty and thirty, over the hill, old maid... you name it I've heard it today and it doesn't bother me one bit!  I am excited to start the next chapter in my life and today has been the best day of my life.

Today has been an emotional, humbling and overwhelming day.

In February I lost my dad after a 14 month battle with brain cancer and the out pour of sympathy, love and support from my friends and family near and far was unbelievable and for some of my friends, those of whom I have leaned on for support, I can never express how invaluable you are in my life and for being there for me.  I must`ve been doing something right over the past 30 years to be blessed to be surrounded by people who care for me more than I ever could have imagined.

Today I started my birthday off with my family saying happy birthday at midnight, waking up to a a plethora of Facebook messages and text messages, a decorated home and gifts sprawled all over the living room table, just for me.  Which added to the already amazing gifts waiting to be opened today from all my family and friends near and far!  My first gift opened was from my bestie, a book full of pictures from 9 years ago when we first met to today, filled with quotes and pictures of us and her growing family!!  My sister not by blood but by Hart!!  And this was the first of many cries today!

Rushing to get ready for my first ball game, I met one of my teammates for a birthday Starbucks before the game... little did I know what was in store for me when I arrived to the ball field.  After saying my hellos and good mornings and introducing myself to some new faces, my friend came up to me wearing a yellow ribbon, to which she told me this ribbon is in memorial of my dad and that the team made a donation to the Canadian Cancer Society.  And the waterworks began, tears streaming down my face, touched doesn't even begin to tell you how I felt.  I honestly can not put into words what that meant to me; priceless.  What this whole day has meant to me and everything that all my friends and family have done has made it the best birthday EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And as I write this, getting ready for bed, I am still in awe of today, this amazing week, filled with dinners with friends, laughs at a comedy club and baseball with a new family and all the love and support I have received over the last year and a half...

This blog is for YOU my friends and family, if not for you my left would be empty.

THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU for the best birthday a girl could ever ask for! I cannot express how grateful I am for each and everyone one of you!

xoxo L

Come back tomorrow to read my big brother catch up and reviews from the week!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Linds, both our hearts are broken right now but may you find strength in your love of life, family and friends. Know that I am here for you anytime! You have become a beautiful, loving young woman and you Mom should be proud as I know your Dad was!!
    all my love.
    Auntie Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all lucky to have you in our lives Miss Marthold. You attract good people because of the love you exude. xox glad your day was the BEST, you deserve it xox TJ

    ReplyDelete